I have learned more from travel than any other experience in my life. It's the one thing I cannot live without.
- I was born in Moscow, Russia and moved to the United States when I was 9 (Alabama to be exact). I speak fluent Russian.
- At the age of 14, I spent a summer with my family in Erlangen, Germany, though I didn't actually learn any German.
- During college I spent a semester abroad in Edinburgh, Scotland, studying Informatics at the University of Edinburgh. My understanding of the Highland Accent improved slightly.
- After Edinburgh, I spent a month in Marseilles, France. I picked up some basic French and an advanced appreciation for soccer.
- After graduating from college, I spent two years teaching English at several junior-high schools in Tottori, Japan through the JET Programme. I picked up decent conversational Japanese.